Getting started with the Vivint Smart Hub in your Brownsville smart home
The Vivint Smart Hub is the center of your security system as it connects your security sensors, locks, thermostats, and cameras into a cohesive system. This easy-to-operate, 7-inch color interface puts you in full command of your Brownsville home’s security and automation. Learn more about what it can do and explore suggestions to get you started.
What can you do with the Vivint Smart Hub in Brownsville?
Wirelessly coupling to devices via radio frequencies and the Z-wave communications protocol, the Vivint Smart Hub is the central command interface for your property. You may arm or disarm your system, program lights, update the thermostat, and more. If adding a video doorbell, you may even chat with visitors standing at your door. The Vivint Smart Hub features a backup battery and cellular functionality to ensure reliable performance. It also provides total remote access and control via the Vivint mobile app.
Here’s a sample of the functions you can carry out:
- View current or recorded video streams from all connected cameras
- Disarm or arm your home security
- Turn lights on or off
- Close or open your garage door
- Modify your home comfort settings
- Talk directly to your monitoring center
You can enhance convenience even more with your Vivint Smart Hub in Brownsville by implementing schedules or initiating rules. For example, you might have your smart thermostat automatically adjust every night at a particular time. Or, you can incorporate rules like having your entrances unlock when the fire alarm goes off.
Steps for arming and disarming your system
Before you jump into all the fantastic things your Vivint Smart Hub can do, you’ll have to grasp how to arm and disarm your home’s security. It’s easy - just abide by these steps:
- Touch the shield icon on the home screen and swipe to the left for “Stay” and right for “Away.”
- Stay signifies you will still be present in the home and arms all sensors except interior doors and motion detectors.
- Away signifies you will be gone, and everything in the home will arm.
- To disarm, just slide down the shield icon and input your PIN.
You’ll observe a message if something is stopping the system from arming. For example, an open window or door will cue you to take action. It’s worth noting that you may still arm the security system by using the above steps. You will then have to verify that you want to ignore the sensor in question.
Add or remove users to your Vivint Smart Hub in Brownsville
Although multiple users can be set up when your system is installed, you will likely want to add another user down the road. Here’s how you can.
- Touch the menu icon (three dots) at the bottom right of the welcome screen.
- Press “Users” and type in your PIN.
- Choose “Add new user” at the bottom.
- Select “Name,” provide the new user, and tap the Next button.
- If you would like to supply the user remote capability, select email or phone and provide the details to dispatch an request.
- Choose Next and then create a PIN for the added user.
- To take out a user, simply go to the menu, press users, select the user you wish to delete, and then press “Delete User.”
Add security and convenience to your home with Vivint
Are you ready to take control of your home’s automation and security through an easy-to-operate touchscreen interface? You’ll enjoy the Vivint Smart Hub and your new Brownsville smart home. Dial (956) 948-3547 to speak with a helpful Vivint agent.