Online shopping and daily drop-offs have become a way of life for many residents. You love the convenience of having goods left in front of your door, but there is a disadvantage. Those boxes sitting in plain sight are enticements to potential thieves. Porch piracy continues to be a real concern, but you are able to protect yourself from it by installing a home security system with a doorbell doorbell. These devices are fantastic tools to dissuade package theft, but they do significantly more.
Take a second to find out how they work and why they’re sure to be an essential facet of your smart home.
Perks of a Brownsville video doorbell
Found in both wired and wireless options, video doorbells provide a range of innovative features, and the technology keeps progressing. You are now able to implement detection zones, communicate with people on your porch, and receive instant updates whenever an item is dropped off.
The simplest way to see how a Brownsville video doorbell camera works is to look at the various perks it offers. Consider these features:
- Active deterrents: You can’t find this on every model, but there are a couple of smart video doorbells that are proactive in discouraging theft with alerts that can be heard and seen. This is a great way to let thieves know someone is watching.
- All-encompassing camera view: You will benefit from seeing the total picture, and that consists of the faces of people at your entry and packages on the ground. Cameras with ultra-wide 180-degree field of vision give you a total perspective.
- Vivid images any time of day: What’s the point of having a doorbell camera if the images are blurry and difficult to see? The best models will include exceptional high dynamic range (HDR) resolution and night vision.
- Package delivery notifications: Would you like to know when a package is delivered? You can enjoy automatic notifications from video doorbells that can reveal the difference between people and packages.
- Converse with the visitor at your door: Is there somebody lingering at your main entry? Bi-directional audio gives you the chance to ask what they want. You might even take advantage of this beneficial feature to frighten off people lurking around your walkway.
- Prevent false alarms: Top doorbell cameras will even allow you to set up your own detection zones. Restricting the area to be viewed will allow you to reduce false alarms brought about by walkers, cars, or animals.
- Convenient access to footage: A video doorbell integrated into your smart home provides you the chance to see real-time and recorded video right from your cell phone security app.
Video doorbells keep you linked to your home like never before, as you are able to engage with them directly from your mobile device, no matter where you are. They’ll inform you when something or someone arrives, show you what’s occurring, and even let you speak with the individual at your door. They’ve turned into difference-makers in terms of protection and convenience.